Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2007, 09:45 AM   #21
anbello is offline anbello  Italy
diyAudio Member

@OzOnE_2k3
Quote:
@anbello - how does your system handle external 5.1 / 7.1 inputs? Or do you use the PC as the DVD player? Or, are you mainly using it for 2 channel audio?
for now only 2 channel audio with external DAC, when i have time i will try 5.1 with the PC as DVD player and analog out of my audio board (wolfson codec - quite good quality).

Ciao
Andrea
Old 12th December 2007, 11:29 AM   #22
flshzug is offline flshzug  Antarctica
Banned

uhm teh 2126x is old a bit, isn't the 21369 twice as fast for the money ?
Old 12th December 2007, 12:09 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin_Murray
Yes it's now free for 90 days and probably reduced function at that. I'm waiting till I'm ready to start coding to register. I also hope to convince my boss that this will be a useful addition to the company knowledgebase. ;-)

Thanks for the ebay teaser too. A**hole. ;-)

Kevin
watch the good side, in 2 -3 years you can buy the virtex5 for that money
...or not ?

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpc/1195762.html
Old 12th December 2007, 12:50 PM   #24
Banned

http://www.lynxone.com/aes16.html

I picked this up for 400 Usd on ebay ( im cheap and have to think bout resale value ) so it has AK4114 's and lots of it . Vista driver is also in the works, but lets wait for SP1 first hehe...
Old 12th December 2007, 02:27 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Kevin_Murray
Carl, what processor did you order with it, the '261 or '262?
Old 12th December 2007, 02:27 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Nevermind, I just read the .pdf
Old 12th December 2007, 03:17 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

The board that I bought comes with the ADSP-21262 processor. What development tools are out there other VisualDSP?? I'd like to avoid the $3,500 expense if I could.

Best Regards,
Carl Huff
Old 12th December 2007, 03:37 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by flshzug
http://www.lynxone.com/aes16.html

I picked this up for 400USD on ebay ( im cheap and have to think bout resale value ) so it has AK4114 's and lots of it . Vista driver is also in the works, but lets wait for SP1 first hehe...

What are your plans for this board? Do you have it up and running yet?
Old 12th December 2007, 04:12 PM   #29
Banned

with all this fpga talk I dont know any more. Something like a discrete DA would be nice at a point hehe, no use yet cause my pc is crapola &dirty LOL. I build the Pass D1 clones for now & wait for AMD triplecore .
Old 13th December 2007, 04:33 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin_Murray
This is what I suspected. Fortunately this project relates to my job so in time it will happen (plus I'm stubborn). Regarding keeping current, I'm finding out just how much has changed since I've been away from DSP. There is some impressive hardware available now, though it's making choosing a platform more difficult

I expect I will be doing nothing but reading through the new year. I hadn't planned on determining a hardware configuration till the end of January. Initially I had planned on just a crossover and maybe delay added in. I think that parameteric eq wouldn't be too hard to integrate with DRC the ultimate goal. I see that some people are interested in 6-8 channel DSP which is a processing nightmare, unless going to multiple hardware paths. Maybe a feature wishlist would help to generate a block diagram which would then help determine hardware requirements?

Food for thought:
http://www.analog.com/processors/sha...rks/index.html

The ADI SHARC procesors are awesome and ADI has a ton of software libraries abailable such as room correction.

The Sharc has 8 AD8196 ASRC's and SPDIF transceivers on chip. I'm working on a board with 1 Blackfin BF-537 as an ethernet receiver running Linux, SHARC for audio processing, and the AD1955 as the DAC. Eventually I'd like to add additional AD1955's for digital cross-overs using the SHARC.

The Visual DSP 5.0 IDE is available as a 90 day test drive. ADI is very good about adding time to the license for the asking. Visual Audio from ADI does not require an additional license and provides a graphical tool for building DSP code. You can also drive the DSP from the Visual Audio tool in realtime to adjust volume, balance, FIR filters, delays, parameteric eq, etc.

Very complete and pretty cool. I'm looking forward to shifting my DIY activity from hardware to software. Certainly a lot cheaper to play with software!

-David

Hide this!Advertise here!