FLAC on microcontroller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with implementing FLAC on a microcontroller.

I've a reference design the board.

The board has an AVR32 processor on it and runs linux. I want to build a small standalone player for mp3\flac etc. It is already possible to play normal wav files via the buildt in (low quality) dac. The files are stored on the sd-card or send via the ethernet connection.

I am looking for someone who has already ported the flac library to a standalone microcontroller. I've downloaded the source but there are a lot of dependencies from other files\libraries. Also you need an assembler to build the library on the pc.

Is there an integer version of the library, without the need of using the assembly code ?

Gene

FLAC encoding/decoding is entirely a fixed point (integer) process. The libflac decoder does have assembly code, but that's only used if it's being compiled for specific hardware (x86, ppc). FLAC happily compiles on ARM, I don't see any reason you can't use it directly on AVR32.

Also, you'll probably find better answers on the avrfreaks.net board, rather than here.

gene_klein said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with implementing FLAC on a microcontroller.

I've a reference design the board.

The board has an AVR32 processor on it and runs linux. I want to build a small standalone player for mp3\flac etc. It is already possible to play normal wav files via the buildt in (low quality) dac. The files are stored on the sd-card or send via the ethernet connection.

I am looking for someone who has already ported the flac library to a standalone microcontroller. I've downloaded the source but there are a lot of dependencies from other files\libraries. Also you need an assembler to build the library on the pc.

Is there an integer version of the library, without the need of using the assembly code ?

Gene

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.