Looking for a good CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How about purchasing a SACD player? [Or a DVD-Audio player ... no need to start a huge debate here] Economy model only cost about $200 to $300. Upscale model would cost about $2000 to $3000.

The thing that drives me nuts about SACD player is that it takes forever for the player to start playing.

Salut bricolo

J ai achete le 723. Le transport est tres bon et je vais le modifier petit a petit. D abord l etage d amplification de sortie, puis le DAC.

C est le lecteur CD le plus tweake, donc il y a plein d infos dessus. En plus il est pas cher ... :nod:

Apres je peut pas comparer avec des lecteurs a 1000 euros .... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Bricolo
PHILIPS CD 723 costs (new) approx. 120 Eu. and it is really good. Very detailed, balanced, and has a very good tracking system. I bougt it 2 years ago as a quinea pig for tweaking, but it proved to be an excelent buy on it's own (after some easy tweaking, it became much better). If you are for 1 bit economic player, have a look at it (CD 725 is made from the same ingredients).
Regards
George

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Bricolo
I have also the ROTEL RCD-965BX, which is a serious piece of equipment. They don't compare on the build quality (actually rotel always hiddes diamonds inside the lids of it's equipments), but also not on the price. The ROTEL is more musical, more layed back, but it lacks the speed and the detail of the PHILIPS. Now rotel rests in the living room and philips in my room for every day and night long listening (It is also equiped with headphones out, digital (RCA) out, and telecontrol with volume.
Regards
George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.