CD-RW Drive as CD Audio player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a PC and a DVD Player

So I wont need a Audio CD player

But this is just a experiment. My Benq 52X32X32X has a 4-port audio out jack in back panel. connection pins are:

1 - Right OUT
2 - GROUND
3 - GROUND
4 - Left OUT

I put a molex connection on the powee port of the ROM.
but when I connect my amplifier to pin 1 and 2, It sound's nothing --- A silence of night.

IS it impossible to use the audio out port ? Or is my experiment will never succeed or any other wrong of mine ? can u telll:smash:

I'll post the pictures next day

Hi Paswa,

This feature may not be available with all CD/DVD ROM/RW drives. Its only available if the drive has an onboard amplifier, so that it can convert the digital information from the audio CDs to analog audio, which would then be available through the connector you are trying to use.

However, nowadays, the digital information is communicated to the computer through the IDE/USB cable and the OS/media player does the conversion of digital to analog and passess the audio to the soundcard so that the signal is audible.

Maybe you should lookout for a drive that has a "play" button, which does support this function.

Thanks,

Nitin.

Paswa said:
I have a PC and a DVD Player

So I wont need a Audio CD player

But this is just a experiment. My Benq 52X32X32X has a 4-port audio out jack in back panel. connection pins are:

1 - Right OUT
2 - GROUND
3 - GROUND
4 - Left OUT

I put a molex connection on the powee port of the ROM.
but when I connect my amplifier to pin 1 and 2, It sound's nothing --- A silence of night.

IS it impossible to use the audio out port ? Or is my experiment will never succeed or any other wrong of mine ? can u telll:smash:

I'll post the pictures next day

Hi !
you should go through the following URL

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17910

Attachments

• pict0128.jpg
    pict0128.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 570
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.