Looking for Laser Unit for Kenwood DP-X9010

At last came the turn of the KSS-271A (SONY CDP-X333ES), donor's KSS-183A. RF amplifier is built on CXA1081M. In the photo a temporary draft, then of course I will do everything beautifully. Everything works fine!

Interesting thread.
One question.

Which Opic IC does it have the KSS-183A?
Is there any datasheet of this optic?

It's interesting because it shares the optic with some KSS Sony laser pickups and it's ideal as spare parts.

I broke the Opic in a KSS-272A while I was learning how to replace its laser diode, and I'd like to repair it for to not feel culprit about this error.:p

Does anyone know - the pins layout of Sony KSS-152A and Toshiba TOPH7833 are the same? I'm planning to use Toshiba TOPH7833 as a replacement pick up for 9010.

It looks that KSS-152a and TOPH7833 are almost similar, equivalents in fact. But your Kenwood uses the DLBA2Z002B / J91-0377-05 laser pickup. I've seen some threads in this forum about to replace the original for a KSS-152a. It works, but it is a mess of cables and stuff, a Frankenstein CD player. These DLBA2Z002B / J91-0377-05 laser pickups looks goods candidates for to repair or replace laser diode. I think that to try to replace the laser diode is more easy that to adapt a KSS-152A. Best regads

It looks that KSS-152a and TOPH7833 are almost similar, equivalents in fact. But your Kenwood uses the DLBA2Z002B / J91-0377-05 laser pickup. I've seen some threads in this forum about to replace the original for a KSS-152a. It works, but it is a mess of cables and stuff, a Frankenstein CD player. These DLBA2Z002B / J91-0377-05 laser pickups looks goods candidates for to repair or replace laser diode. I think that to try to replace the laser diode is more easy that to adapt a KSS-152A. Best regads

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I know that TOPH7833 laser head is quite similar to KSS-152a and might be used as a replacement of original DLBA2Z002B laser head, which is literally not possible to find now days. I'm just curious - does the pin layout, suggested earlier in thin thread (by dimon68 and few other members) for KSS-152a, will be the same for TOPH7833?

I Have followed this also with great interest. My two cents worth. Would it not be easier to create a small PCB adapter to take the TOPH7833 then onto the the factory input of the Kenwood. I own a dp8010 and laser still working but want to future proof it. I have very little experience in Electrical knowledge but with all the information provided via our great member, I had the idea of creating a pcb as an interface between the Toshiba laser and the inputs of the Kenwood.
Not sure if this is doable...
regards
Jonathan

I Have followed this also with great interest. My two cents worth. Would it not be easier to create a small PCB adapter to take the TOPH7833 then onto the the factory input of the Kenwood. I own a dp8010 and laser still working but want to future proof it. I have very little experience in Electrical knowledge but with all the information provided via our great member, I had the idea of creating a pcb as an interface between the Toshiba laser and the inputs of the Kenwood.
Not sure if this is doable...
regards
Jonathan

Jonathan, that's definitely sounds like an entirely new level of idea of this thread! It'll be absolutely mazing if you gonna be able to create a PCB, which going to help to use TOPH7833 on dp8010 and x9010! Looking forward for results of your experiments, regarding this matter!