Cap voltage can I go higher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some Elna caps in my CDP’s PSU on the tube output stage which I am looking to change. They are rated at 100uf @ 400V, could I go higher on the voltage say 500V or do I have to use the same. I already know the voltage can be higher with output caps just wondering if it the same with other caps in other applications.
Thanks

captaink said:
I have some Elna caps in my CDP’s PSU on the tube output stage which I am looking to change. They are rated at 100uf @ 400V, could I go higher on the voltage say 500V or do I have to use the same. I already know the voltage can be higher with output caps just wondering if it the same with other caps in other applications.
Thanks

You can for shure go higher on capacitor voltage, this will be just safety with no parameters degradation.
The higher voltage the costly capacitors and larger dimensions so with the mass electronics there have to be justified compromise. In DIY audio your hands are free :) . Always and anyway you can change the electronic details with the same tipes rated for shure the same or higher voltage.

Re: Re: Cap voltage can I go higher

Valery said:

You can for shure go higher on capacitor voltage, this will be just safety with no parameters degradation.
The higher voltage the costly capacitors and larger dimensions so with the mass electronics there have to be justified compromise. In DIY audio your hands are free :) . Always and anyway you can change the electronic details with the same tipes rated for shure the same or higher voltage.
Thanks for your help going to buy some new caps :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.