marantz cd41???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had found something. 1st it’s ugly and 2nd not so bad with electronics. DAC is tda1545. I don’t think that CD player like this one is playing music at all. All I want to say is that CD41 is a very old model. I don’t know what to do? Maybe I will search for Marantz CD4000 or CD46.

Thanks for helping me

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have a CD41. Its unfortunately in pieces at the moment. Its not too bad. I also have a Philips CD624, which is identical - except it has an SPDIF output.
CDM4 based, which is quite nice - liked by many, and plenty about secondhand if one should fail. Not too bad. Pretty good to mod (if you like Bitstream). However, I found the plastic cage chassis a pain to put back together (that's sort of why its in pieces - I couldn't put it back together again ;) ). I use the CD624 occasionally as an I2S source (from the decoder chip) for an old NOS DAC I have.

Its an SAA7310 decoder, and SAA7325 (integrated digital filter and DAC).

Its probably alright if you sniff off the i2S and fit a multibit DAC in there. There is plenty of space to do that if I recall, in fact a whole compartment. You could easily shove in a TDA1543 DAC in the space, probably something a bit bigger with some planning.

Hope that helps,

Phil

If it was me, I'd get a CD63 (again! LOL). They're much easier to get the main board out of, and great for modding. And there is a mine of information on *that* thread.

However, the CD41 is a reasonable place to start.
It might not be the player you eventually settle for (you may well move on to something else), but you'll learn a lot modding it - in preparation for your final player.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.