Marantz CD74 laser trimpots - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2007, 02:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD74 laser trimpots

Does anyone know how to adjust any of the laser trimpots on the CDM1 board for a Marantz CD74? I have read a <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67510" target="blank">related thread by drews</a> but there are several problems. For starters, Q239 appears to be a reference to the Marantz service manual. I have inspected the CDM1 board and found several transistors, but none of them is marked on the PCB as Q239. Also drews does not say which parts of the circuit he used to make his measurements of 300mV and 650mV (the ones which were too high.) Also, does anyone have the service manual for the CD74?
Old 24th October 2007, 02:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD74 laser trimpots

[Am reposting my first post, because the hyperlink in the first post did not work.] Does anyone know how to adjust any of the laser trimpots on the CDM1 board for a Marantz CD74? I have read the following related thread by drews:

Focus on Marantz cd74 with CDM1

However there are several problems with drews' advice. For starters, Q239 appears to be a reference to the Marantz service manual. I have inspected the CDM1 board and found several transistors, but none of them is marked on the PCB as Q239. Also drews does not say which parts of the circuit he used to make his measurements of 300mV and 650mV (the ones which were too high.) Also, does anyone have the service manual for the CD74?
Old 25th October 2007, 06:14 PM   #3
oshifis is offline oshifis  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I have a (heavily modded) CD-74 and a service manual. The CDM-1 service instructions are not included, but I have a manual for that, too (unfortunately it is in Dutch). Please contact me via email.

lcsaszar at freemail dot hu
Old 8th November 2007, 07:33 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Marznt CD74 service manual

Thanks oshifis! I got the service manual for the Marantz CD74, as well as the .pdf files for the TDA1540/SAA7000/SAA7010/SAA7020/SAA7030 ICs. If anyone needs them I can be contacted by email using the hyperlink from my user profile.

Hide this!Advertise here!