Modified CD6000 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I recently purchased a marantz cd6000ose le that had be modifed with the folowing mods: audiocom superclock2, all signal caps upgraded to elna's and shockty diodes in the power section.

Now the player sounds very good indeed but i have one problem with it. The problem im having is that there seems to be some kind of problem with the chasis of the player or the grounding of the chasis, i say this because if i turn the player on and tap on the top lightly it will cause what sounds like interference and poping to come out of the speakers. This also then causes the music to be more focused to the left channel which is really annoying me at the moment. The problem got worse recently as it now causes the interference every time the cd drawer closes, it really only takes a light brush on the player to set this problem off.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

atvb,
greg

Hi. Have you tried waggling the interconnects? Maybe a loose rca connection.

It sounds like it could be a loose joint / bad solder connection, but I'm no expert.

I would try asking on the cd63/67 mod thread, I know it's a bit off-topic but I think everyone's given up trying to stay on-topic there!

Lee.

Ok i think disaster has struck! Ive had the player apart to check all of the connections which seemed fine but i have just re-assembled the player and the player now wont power on, although the player does seem to be getting power as the transformer does hum if you put your ear next to it after you have turned it on.

The display dosn't light up and the disc dosn't spin, the remote or the buttons on the front are non responsive.

Ive change the fuse in the plug for a known working one and the same thing still happens, please say i havnt killed this lovely player!

greg_mcquaid said:
Ok i think disaster has struck! Ive had the player apart to check all of the connections which seemed fine but i have just re-assembled the player and the player now wont power on, although the player does seem to be getting power as the transformer does hum if you put your ear next to it after you have turned it on.

The display dosn't light up and the disc dosn't spin, the remote or the buttons on the front are non responsive.

Ive change the fuse in the plug for a known working one and the same thing still happens, please say i havnt killed this lovely player!

Send it to me !!!

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.