Modifying Superclock II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bloomin' eck. you don't hang about! I was still looking for datasheets etc to look at.

I have two of these btw.

Would it be worth adding that smt cap? Also, where there's a wire link on this one behind the xtal, there's a cap on the other clock.

I'll hook it up to a power supply and have a poke around with the dmm.

Cheers,

Lee.

The reg is tx, Schottky's, 10,000uF 63v BHC Aerovox Alt, lm317 with 4x10v zeners for lower noise, 3300uF 16v bc Comp, and 100uF BG FK between Vin and Gnd directly on clock pins. All that and it's not that good!

Any idea on the value of that cap, looking at the other clock that's in the player, it doesn't have it either. Is it the 12pf one?

Lee.

Cheers for the help mate. I've removed the clock from my player and looking at the back it seems that I may have damaged one of the traces!

I have now put the other clock in the player and it sounds loads better.

I will whip out that 3300uF cap from the psu.

When I next order from Farnell I think I'll get a couple of the ADtl084 chips. The datasheet says it's an improved version of tl084 with better ps rejection and a faster slew rate etc. Maybe worth a go.

Are you sure that cap is 18pf, it's for the dac (16.934 mhz)not servo.

Cheers, Lee.

Attachments

• dscn0811.jpg
    dscn0811.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 461
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.