Best Portable WAV player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 5th gen video, 60GB, bought nearly two years ago.
I moved to open source firmware because I got fed up with the apple firmware. So far it's been fine, though alot of friends have had trouble with their iPods. If I bought again, I think I would go for another brand, mainly because I don;t like apple's recent business practices...

I have an iPhone and very happy with it on all accounts. The iPod portion is awesome for lossless or un compressed audio.

BTW, The sound quality as a phone is top notch and the best I've ever hear since phone calls are processed through the iPod circuitry.

A though at 8mb it's not the best size for lots of uncompressed audio files.

-David

Try grabbing an Archos AV320 off ebay. It's very easy to put in any 9.5mm laptop hard drive. I put in a 120gb hard drive inside mine when the largest ipods were only 60gb. Also, the battery is cheap and easily replaceable. The only downside is that it is a bit on the large side since it holds a laptop hard drive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.