PCM2902 and the missing audio in/out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I copied the circuit from the TI datasheet, but I am having no luck getting the analogue inputs or outputs to transfer data between PC and my external audio mixer. I ended up connecting my turntable phono pre-amp to pins 12 and 13 of the PCM2902, but still no luck. The PC recognises the USB chip, but after that nothing happens. Anyone got a better circuit than TI, or a clue why I am struggling with what appears to be a simple enough circuit from the datasheet?

All help appreciated from this Newbee.

Have you told Windows to use the PCM2902 for audio input and output?

In Windows 2000 it would be:
Control Panel, Sounds And Multimedia, Audio, then select the "Preferred Device" for playback and recording.

The PCM2902 Evaluation Module schematic is a bit more thorough. (For what it's worth, the AdsTech RDX-150 "Instant Music" USB sound device appears to be based very faithfully on the Evaluation Module schematic, and it sells for a fraction of the price. It's more useful too since it has the Toslink transmitter and receiver, and the circuit board is larger so there's room for mods.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.