Donor DVD player for DIY project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm basically seeking advice as to the best donor DVD player I can source for a DIY project.

Currently I'm running a Denon 1930 and this is ideal as it has 5.1 analogue output, on board decoding, HDMI out and upscaling.

I'm wondering if this would be a suitable candidate for tweaking.

I'm interested in rehousing the player in a more substantial enclosure [and sexier] but primarily improving it's stereo audio capability, I'm not interested in touching it's DVD video playback.

As I didn't want to take the lid of my only DVD player I haven't looked inside, but wondered if the layout of buttons, transport and display could be altered to fit in the new enclosure, and indeed if this is the best payer to squeeze out better quality audio.

I'd also be interested if you can replace the front fascia of a DVD transport tray and have a machined aluminum front to match the case I'm thinking of making ?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.