Marantz CC3000 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2007, 09:01 AM   #1
hughwi is offline hughwi  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CC3000

Hi Guys,

Just a quick troubleshooting question for you, I got given this Marantz CC3000 5 CD changer under the impression that it did not work. I plugged it in and was pleasantly suprised that it worked perfectly. Well, as we all know, if something seems too good to be true, then it is!

After a few months of use, it stopped reading discs, it read through all 5 disc locations before displaying "no disc". I took it into a repair shop last week and they fitted a new laser (I am guessing it was the CDM12.1 or equivalent VAM) and it was working again.

I loaded the tray with 5 cds and let the player play them all, it switched perfectly between discs and even the random track selection over the 5 cds was flawless.

However, as soon as i tried to open the tray whilst it was playing a disc (which should be possible) the tray opened, the player made a rather disturbing clicking noise and the cd it was playing span down. Since this, i am back to square one with my original problem, the player will not read any discs.

The reason i am asking for any ideas, rather than just throwing the unit away, is that the work the repair shop carried out is guaranteed for 3 months, so i want to take it back, but with a better idea of what could possibly be wrong with the unit, as i am assuming the problem is not with the laser assembly, but more likely the tray/spindle mechanism knocking the laser out of line?

Thanks

Hugh

Hide this!Advertise here!