marantz cd72 mod help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a marantz cd72mkII to which I want to add some modifications.
I've allready removed the old opamps and put opa2604's in, but I want to do more. I'll change the clock too, but meanwhile what else can I change? I've heard its better to remove the muting transistors and the output capacitors, but where are they located in my cd72? And which capacitors should I use to decouple the power supply of the opamps?
I there anybody who could help me with these questions?

Thanks

Hi,
I have the original cd72, I brought it cheap a few years ago, the only problem is someone has taken some of the caps and resistors out around the dac and op-amps and without the service manual I don't know the values (If anyone has the manual or could tell me the values it would be much appreciated), is it worth modding one of these players, I have a selection of Blackgate, silmic and os-con caps aswelll as a selection of op-amps to try, my main cdp at the minute is a highly modded Arcam alpha 5+ tweaks include zero oversampling, valve output stage etc
Kind Regards
Dek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.