PCM1701P - proposals of mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I rolled over the internet but nowhere I have found any modifications CDs with this D/A converter. It is e.g. in Denon DCD-1560 & some Kenwood CD Players. I don't know this DAC, whats it's possibilities, and if its even worth comparing to others BB DAC's like 1704 or 1702. If anyone of You have such please let me know what experience with it You have. I'd like to modify my CD (don't have it yet but I won't watch his virginity very long ;) ) and I have no idea from what mods start with this DAC

There are no available datasheets for BB PCM1701P anymore but I've got sth extra for you.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• pcm.jpg
    pcm.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 398
usual mods can not work here, but of course I don't know it yet...

I wonder if it's worth to change application or rather focus on changing DACs. The problem is that there are neither opinions about those DACs nor about CD Players they use it (Denon, Kenwood DP-5020, 6020, 7020, 8020) I didn't find any other CDs with this D/A converters..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.