Moding Sony CDP to non-OS?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - newb question... I have an old Sony CDP-590 which I am having a play with. I have put a valve output stage straight from the DAC, but it till sounds a little edgy. Planning to replace all the electrolytics with BG's (while they're still available...)

DSP is CXD2500q -> filter CXD2551P -> dual PCM56P DAC. 8 times OS. Clock is 16.9MHz. I have found most of the chip manuals, but am pretty newbish to DIY digital.

-Is it possible to convert to non-OS?
-The filter is 4/8 times OS controlled by pin2 - is it as simple as setting that pin low to drop it from 8 times to 4 times OS?
-Any experience/predictions how much reward from reclocking?

I'd be grateful for any advice or links - thanks!

Brian

Thank you. Looks like it may be a bit out of my league at the moment, but I will go away and try to catch up...

Am I right in thinking that this whole circuit would go in place of the CXD2551? ie take inputs from 2500Q and output directly to the DAC's? If so, is WCLK interchangeable (in this case, if not generally) with LRCK?

Cheers
Brian

kiwi_brian said:
Thank you. Looks like it may be a bit out of my league at the moment, but I will go away and try to catch up...

Am I right in thinking that this whole circuit would go in place of the CXD2551? ie take inputs from 2500Q and output directly to the DAC's? If so, is WCLK interchangeable (in this case, if not generally) with LRCK?

Cheers
Brian

The relevant signals from the CXD2500Q are LRCK, DA15 (BCLK) and DA16 (DATA).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.