Questions about M-Audio Firewire 410

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe this can help?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=426371#post426371

I also found this with Google :

As converters used in FireWire 410 2 stereoTsAPa AKM AK4381 24-bit 192 kHz (THD + N -94 dB, 108 dB DR), 6-channel D / A converters AKM AK4355 24-bit 192 kHz (THD + N -90 dB, 106 dB DR) 24-bit 96 kHz stereoATsP AKM AK5380 (THD + N -94 dB, 105 dB DR).

Hi, theAnonymous1

Are you familiar with M-Audio Firewire 410? I've got a question about this unit.

In the specification, it is not mentioned that 410 can be "word clock sync". Other unit like M-Audio Firewire 1814 has this capability written in the specification.

But in the manual (page 24 of 32) and software of 410, there is a little "clue" that this unit is actually can be sync'ed (but there it is written for recording).

I play the music source from a laptop. Connected to 410 via firewire. The SPDIF out of 410 is connected to external DAC/rest of the system.

If I got a good master clock, how to "word clock sync" the 410 unit while used like above?

I've already tried this and not working : Signal source from laptop, connected to 410 via firewire, SPDIF out is connected to external DAC/rest of the system, and SPDIF in is connected to master word clock unit. It's not working, when I select "sync source" in the program to "external", it just blinks red, not working. But if I choose the "sync source" to "internal" , it blinks green, locks perfectly (this means the external master word clock is not entering 410)

Is there any buttons in the software that I miss? Or is that I'm doing the wrong thing trying to sync this 410 to the external master word clock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.