Troubleshooting help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have removed the main power board and transport many times in modifing my pair of Marantz SA-8260 SACD players. These have all been fairly trouble free.
One of the players quit powering up. It is not energizing the relay. The fuse is fine.
Checked the control lines going to the there is a 5 volt, Power, Ground, and standby. The mute goes to the mute pin of the Flash U-Comm, the power goes to the 12 volt, the five volt goes to the front pant.
Measuring voltages, the 5 volt has 4.92 vollts, the standby 2.85, the ground and power are 0. The power get power from the 12 volt, so it cannot have much since the relay is open to power the 12 volt.
Found that jumpering the standby to ground activates the relay. This is great, so jumpered the standby to ground and powered up the player. The relay closes, power goes to all the supplies. The players has no power to the front and the transport is dead. So plugged in the four pin plug to get 5 volt out to the display and other places needed. This deactivates the relay, so even with standby grounded, the 12 volt on power is opening the relay control circuit.
My next plan is to unjumpered the standby line and just jumper the relay. But I suspect the player will still not work properly until I get the relay control going correctly.
The lines nbad returns go from this standly/power board goes through a four wire jumer to the transport, then through a 16 wire ribbon cable to the main board, then another wire bundle to the display, and another to the on/off switch. Suspect an open, most likely in the ribbon or connectors.
Any ideas?

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.