Pcm1602a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bob_v5 said:
Hi, anyone know anything about this chip(PCM1602A)? I was ordering some opa2134 and put a couple of these on my order just for the sake of it really. Would like to have a go at building a 6 chanel dac and this chip looks suitable to me.....

Do you have a six channel source ?
Can you program a microcontroller ?

cheap? no. free! If you look at the texas instrument website you can order free samples of this and many other chips. Not sure if they send them to shenzhen tho, i dont even no where that is!

I didnt really make it very clear but the question was more if the chips were good than if it would do the job!

As for programming i know a little assembly language, I was hoping that I wouldnt need to tho. I havent had a propper look at the data sheet yet but i was under the impression that the dacs are pretty much self contained. As for the six channel source I was planning on using the optical out from my dvd player. Will that work? If a microcontroller really is needed i intend to use a rabbit chip as this is the only one i have had any experience with. This will be my first digital project so any help is really apperciated, and please be gentle if i said anything really stupid.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.