Is there any test cd to test jitter using a scope ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Yes, I seen that a scope don't do the job.

But I did found a 16bit/44.1kHz JTEST signal wave file. Made of a 11025Hz square wave with 229.6875Hz LSB.

So I did burn a cd with that signal and use it with my Denon DCM-420 cd player, and I use my sound card and a FFT software who go down to -140 db, the result seem good since my Denon have a jitter at -90db from the 11025Hz signal 0 db.

Gaetan

IMHO for measuring jitter one needs a test set with much lower jitter specs than the signal to be measured. I doubt any soundcard has better jitter than the master clock in the CD player.

In terms of FFT, both the jitter of the analyzer's timebase and the jitter of the measured signal will have the same effect: the spectral line will have noise sidebands (it will become thicker at the base). It is not possible to separate the contribution of the two.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.