RAKK DAC MKII finished

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All.

Finally finished my RAKK DAC MKII project this weekend. It sounds really good so far. Haven't done much research so far why it sounds so good, just enjoying it.

Picture is attached.

Attachments

• dacanalog.jpg
    dacanalog.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 907
Hi Guys,

Thaks for nice comments.

That must have set you back a few bucks, eh? Nice job, though.

You are right, it is not an inexpensive project. But hey, what project involving tube gear is cheap? :)

You also did a very interesting output stage. Is that your own design?

As a prototype I used Linn Olson's Raven Preamp. Not current MkII, but a previous version. I built Raven couple years ago and was (and still am) very happy with it. The topology is similar, but components are different. Also Davenport published very similar design in AudioExpress a year ago or so.

What I did though is an antialiasing filter. I looked at the DAC output on the scope and got scared with all this HF riding on the sine wave. :)

Filter is 4th order bessel with -6db at 52Khz. It is -1 db down at 20Khz, but this doesn't bother me much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.