Rotel RCD951 CD player service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guillaume,

I have been talking to the Rotel Service Tech here in the US quite a bit lately and have gotten to be more like friends. If you would like, I can ask him to email it to me and I will send it to you or I can ask him to send it to you directly (I don't need it, I am still working on my RCD 965s and expect to be quite happy with them, hopefully anyway)!

In fact, maybe you can help me too with a few pointers on the Rotels!

Let me know!

Regards//Keith

Tubenut: I believe the RCD-02 model circuitry is very similar as observed in my RCD-971 difference only with the DAC chip circuitry. If you'd like to have it, and its of any help. Let me know your email address, I'll email it.
Also, the Rotel benefits from DIY re-clocking add-on..Kwak Clock?.

Hi Guillaume,

I am sending it right now!

I tried to post it here but the system said the file was too large.

Since you have lots of Rotel experience, I would appreciate any recommendations you can make for my RCD 965BX and the 965BX LE!

Thanks!

Regards//Keith

Thanks guys

i now have an RCD02nd RCD951 manual!!! Great.

I am no Rotel guru... I just do the standard well published stuff to RCD9555/965 of replacing all diodes with soft recovery types and I quite loike OPA2604 or OPA604 op amps. Always service the clamp pivot plate on any CDM4 based player.

On the 955/965 wiring from PCB to RCA sockets can be improved.

Pivot plate and belt in the transport have already been done.

The wiring from the PCB to the RCA output jacks looks like boney wire, maybe shielded. I do want to replace that and also look into new RCA jacks too. I have seen many suggest either silver wire or pure copper wire tinned with silver, stranded and solid wire with an assortment of insulation but definately twisted. I will try to get a consensus of the best combination! Anyone care to make suggestions? Thanks!

Regards//Keith

I wonder if I can join in this discussion, I know some time has passed.

I just got a Rotel RCD-951 and it also has a skipping problem. Seems to be just at the first few tracks of most cd's.

I wonder if I could get a copy of the manuel, or other service information that may be available? And/or other advice for proceeding to deal with the problem.

Thanks.

I wonder if I can join in this discussion, I know some time has passed.

I just got a Rotel RCD-951 and it also has a skipping problem. Seems to be just at the first few tracks of most cd's.

I wonder if I could get a copy of the manuel, or other service information that may be available? And/or other advice for proceeding to deal with the problem.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.