Why Does The DIP 'Improve' My TDA1543?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Although this question has been asked before I was hoping for alittle more detail this time. First of all I do own a Monarchy Audio 24/96 DIP and just recently I inserted it upstream of my Peter Daniel designed nos TDA1543 DAC. It did 'improve' the sound by taking some of the edge or shrillness off certain vocals and tighening up the bass.

Now the questions.

Does the DIP contain something we can incorporate into our DAC design for further improvement?

Or, is the DIP accomplishing something similar to the re-clocking Redja is doing in the most recent version of his TDA1541 DAC?

Comments?

Regards,
Dan

There were previous comments from other members pointing outing that DIP improves transport/DAC interfacing.

I would rather speculate that it improves the transport more than a DAC. I was developing NOS DAC with ML31.5 and CEC TL0 and didn't find any improvements with reclocking devices used between those transports and a DAC.

Now, the DAC is very sensitive to both the tranport and digital interconnect. I did a lot of mods to ML37 and each single change was easily detectable with that DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.