Audiosector NOS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
I assembled the Audiosector NOS DAC a year ago and it has been the best audio buy ever for me. However, a few days ago it sputtered for a moment before it kicked on, then a day later it died completely. Voltage checks to SN75179, TDA1543, and CS8412 are normal. Connections and continuity checks seem fine. I suspect one of the 3 units above croaked. Is there an easy way to inspect these? I only have a DMM. The SN and TDA are in sockets but the CS8412 is surface mounted. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -Darrell

To check CS8412 you would need a scope. I can send you TDA1543 and SN75179 and since you have them in sockets it would be easy to check them out first. If that won't help, most likely the receiver chip is to blame.

However, you need also consider that the problem may be with your transport or digital interconnect, so check them as well.

Contact me with your shipping address.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Darrell Morgan said:
Hi All,
I assembled the Audiosector NOS DAC a year ago and it has been the best audio buy ever for me. However, a few days ago it sputtered for a moment before it kicked on, then a day later it died completely. Voltage checks to SN75179, TDA1543, and CS8412 are normal. Connections and continuity checks seem fine. I suspect one of the 3 units above croaked. Is there an easy way to inspect these? I only have a DMM. The SN and TDA are in sockets but the CS8412 is surface mounted. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -Darrell

I prefer to troubleshoot with logic if I can. Can you borrow another player or transport that is proven to work? I'm fortunate enough to have a receiver with digitial inputs so if I was in the same position I go directly from my CDP to my receiver to verify that my digital output and cables worked. I have the same DAC and I wouldn't want to troubleshoot the SMD stuff. Pretty tiny connections.

Regards,
Dan :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.