TEac T1 output noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have just bought a TEAC T1 to replace an aging Marantz that I was using as a transport. I am feeding it into my Audio Alchemy DDE (v1) via the digital co-ax output. When it is first powered on, but before a disc is played it gives considerable output noise, whcih seems to continue even if powered off!. Once a CD is played it synchronises and locks into the DDE fine, and then stays locked until powered off, when the fuzzy crackling returns. Does anyone have any suggestions as to cause. It's not a problem as it plays fine, sounds great (much closer to the 'analogue' sound that I prefer), but is mildly annoying as I can't leave the Amp (Audiolab) switched to CD with the TEAC/DDE combination switched off

co-ax replacement!

I've just ordered a new (better quality) one anyway, but the old one which is an ancient QED was OK with the old Marantz/DDE1 combination, so I'll try it and rule it out. If not then still stumped as the 'interference' still continues even when the TEAC is powered off at the mains

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.