cd-100 and more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have philips cd-300 cd-100 cd-640 cd-355 cd cd-634 and only cd-640 is still working.However now for the last 3 days i tryed to repair cd-100.it is working but without sound.Onlu when it is cold or not working for hours first sound goes for 10-15 seconds then burst and then nothing.The other cd-300 work until i make some mods and make a mistake withinide conectors so i burn Mab8420Pc006 everything else have to be good i think.when cd-300 have been working i have only 2 or 3 times problem with sound burst when it is very cold and then everything is good.I can not find Mab8420pc006 so i buy cd-100 it is reading everything but no sound.i read more af all posts here but nothing works.Pcbs are one sided so there no problems with through-holes conections.I replaced all the electrolytic caps even one of them with bigger ones but it takes no efect.I have resoldered all decoder board and more of servo but still nothing.So i deceded change quartz between cd-100 and cd-300 nothing changed.I checked clock frequency at saa7000 it is 4.233678 and pll freq is at pin 23 of saa7010 about 4.32233 when is play mode.I replaced saa7030 with m4551 and mab8420 and it is working but without sound.when i replaced saa7010 with m4290a(from cd-300) there is no reading.I dont know why maybe these chips are diferend or m4290 i damaged.i removed saa7030 and link saa7000 to tha dac how is post threads here.No sound yet.I replaced cdm0 fromcd-300 to cd-100 with pcb above it and no sound.New cdm0 have been working fine before i damaged cd-300.So now i have no idea what to do with my players.CD-634 and cd-355 is with damaged lazers,cd-300 is without mab8420pc006 and cd-100 is working but without sound.Can anyone help me!I like sound of my cd-64o i have made many mods on it but my old cd-300 sounds great with a few mods.I thing cd-100 sound like cd-300.For a few months i have marantz cd-73 philips cd-104 they sounds great too.I like all old school players i dont like new ones.

i found where is my problem at cd-100.SAA 7000 is out of order.I buy philips cd204 and replace saa7000 and i now i have sound.Now i have to adjust focus and tracking so i will need a service manual in english for cd-104 or cd-300 or cd-204 or cd-100 or for any cd based on cd-100.is there any procedure for adjusting.I can not find where to buy saa7000.Can anybody help me with searching.

thanks for your reply.I have this manual but i can not translate all of instructions there i have already adjusted voltage at resistor 3308 at about 500mv but thats not enough.When cd goes from last to first track on cd there is many errors and flag UNEC at pin 5 of SAA7000 turn to high and no sound.THe i have to change a few cd's until sound is ok.After this failure for most of cd's no sound for the first or second track,and i have to pres rev function to play these songs.However when it is playing the sound is very pleasant.I have made NOS mod and now there is so much air in the sound.I like it very much.I find for my self that sound is better if the signal have minimum digital operations on it.I think that everyone who have players like this must check NOS mod on his cd.

yes but with different cds this voltage is not the same and is low at first track and higher i last.if i adjust it on first track at about 500mv on a bad cd after warm up lazer there are many errors if i adjust a small voltage at about 350-400mv cd reads better.On board which is above optical unit is 3 trimers for adjusting.For what is the others?I don't know how to adjust them,someone tryed to repair thi cd before me but have no success.I think he is turn same of them.The which is 3180 6,8k was at 1.33k and i think this is very low.My old cd-300 works fine and i have been adjusted this trimer more than 4k.I'm afraid of burning Lazer diod.And i cann't understand why after playing last songs there is problem with first ones.

Thanks ,jives11.IF you can separate in a multivolume archive you can send me to my email audiophile@abv.bg or send with skype or i Icq .My skype name is audiophile_81. ICQ Number: 205-911-877.Thanks in advanced.
I have tryed to adjust but after warm up there is a problem with reading.I think that lazer is ok because it is reading very bad cd's.the current of lazer diod is about 60mA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.