TOroidal In Cd 6000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

Did anyone remembers how to properly install toroidal transformer into marantz cd 6000 to supply hte analog part and the original transormer to give power to the digital part of the player like tha transport......

So what should i do in terms where should i solder the wires from the toroidal into the player like +12 an -12 and the negative 0 so it will power the analog part and where i should unsolder the wires from the original transofmer so i will cut him from powering the analog part.

Also i have 50va +12v -12v is it save to use to power the analog part?
The picture is from some polish web site where they had instaled toroidal for the analog part.

Thanks too all

have a nice summer vacation:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 356
long time has passed and still no answer :eek:

So now i will post the pictures from succesfull implementing of toroidal transformer into a cd 6000.............
I know its quite a big 50va for the analog part but thats the only one i found here in Macedonia. Also 35Va or 25 its good.

By the pictures you can see very easly how to implement and which lines to cut from the factory transofmer.
So first make appropriate position for the trafo then make a hole inside the pcb of the player to fix the position and after its your turn how to trace the wires...........
The two black wires are the input 220volts for the toroidal and the two red wires are the output which are +15Volts and -15Volts. Also the best point for connecting the negative is between the to main capacitors on top of the wire link.

Have a nice modding ..........

bye Alex:D :D :D

Attachments

• img_2629.jpg
    img_2629.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 320
well Puffin to be honest i havent heard the player with the toroidal because my equipment is still in greece.............:smash:
But with the standard power supply and the mods like black gates for power supply FK, Standard, and NX plus Audiocom Super Clock 2, op275 after ive replaced with ad826 with decopoling capacitor BG .1mf 50v hi-q nx, shottkey 11dq10 also for power supply and the headphone curcuit is out with all parts that come with the headphone. The whole player is damped with dynamite original. The decoupling capacitors between the output jacks and the HDAM are connected with wire link. So i dont remember what else ive done but the difference is qute big overall in the whole sound like vocals treble and bass but i think the biggest improvement was the upgradeing of the capacitors and the op-amps, for the superclock i didnt hear any difference maybe because i dont have another cd 6000 standard to compare it :(

If you have cd 6000 first upgrade the power supply capacitors and add second power supply for the analog part plus op amps.

Nice tweaking :smash:

aleksandar said:
If you have cd 6000 first upgrade the power supply capacitors and add second power supply for the analog part plus op amps.

Nice tweaking :smash:

Nice tutorial =) I also have an cd6000 (ose) that I'm thinking of modding a little bit, thanks for telling with part i should start with!!

Have you put bypass capacitors in the powersupply too? Under the "bigger" ones?

Kind regards!
bose

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.