94 mk II before / after - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2007, 04:41 AM   #31
skseah is offline skseah  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi Boky,

I have the LHH1000 but seems very difficult to find the service manual. I saw photos of the CD94 and it looks very similar to the LHH1000 transport. I would appreciate if you could email me the service manual for the CD94.

I am also looking for the 'clamping' belts, there are 2 of them, if I am not mistaken. The disk would not start if the belt slips. Where do you find your belts?

There is a SAA7220 in the transport. Is it important to 'change' the crystal there to a better 'clock'? or focus on the the DAC itself. Do not remember seeing a crystal next to the SAA7220 in the DAC.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2007, 01:25 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skseah
Hi Boky,

I have the LHH1000 but seems very difficult to find the service manual. I saw photos of the CD94 and it looks very similar to the LHH1000 transport. I would appreciate if you could email me the service manual for the CD94.

I am also looking for the 'clamping' belts, there are 2 of them, if I am not mistaken. The disk would not start if the belt slips. Where do you find your belts?

There is a SAA7220 in the transport. Is it important to 'change' the crystal there to a better 'clock'? or focus on the the DAC itself. Do not remember seeing a crystal next to the SAA7220 in the DAC.

Thanks.

I'll keep it on the ftp server for a week....

ClickMe
Old 5th November 2007, 03:58 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Hi Boky,

Thanks. I got it.

Best Regards
S K

Old 10th November 2007, 07:28 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Hi Boky,

Regarding the rubber belts, are they available in Sydney from the Marantz distributor ?

Best Regards
S K
Old 10th November 2007, 08:22 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Rubber belts can be purchased from Wagner Electronics. You'll have to measure the old ones first. Download the Catalogue from Wagner web site and read the section that explains how to specify rubber belts dimensions, i.e. how to measure and order them.

Best Regards,
Boky
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wagner.pdf (44.8 KB, 104 views)
Old 10th November 2007, 11:53 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Thanks. I found the catalogue.
Best Regards
S K
Old 12th November 2007, 07:55 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

I finally received the second-half payment and was able to send the CD player back to the customer... very sad moment because I had to part with this beautiful machine...

The comment I received from the customer speaks for itself:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cd94 mkii.pdf (11.8 KB, 225 views)
Old 22nd November 2007, 01:35 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Hi Boky,
I got 3 of the 4 belts 1 ordered. 1 was short-shipped, however, I found a temp belt. After changing the belts, the drive does not open when I press the 'open' button. However, when I press 'close', the tray goes it (ie. after I manually pull it out), but I can hear a soft humming noise. And the disc does not turn. Any suggestion where to look? I checked all the ribbon cables, and they all are plugged in well.
Thanks & Best Regards
S K
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:47 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skseah
Hi Boky,
I got 3 of the 4 belts 1 ordered. 1 was short-shipped, however, I found a temp belt. After changing the belts, the drive does not open when I press the 'open' button. However, when I press 'close', the tray goes it (ie. after I manually pull it out), but I can hear a soft humming noise. And the disc does not turn. Any suggestion where to look? I checked all the ribbon cables, and they all are plugged in well.
Thanks & Best Regards
S K

You have probably replaced the belts with larger ones and you have slipping, and / or you misaligned the switches 1, 2 and 3. Switch 4 is located somewhere underneath of the tray and I do not think that you had to temper with it so the Switch 4 is probably okay.

Condition for Open function to operate successfully: Switch 3 closed, Switch 4 open (and maybe Switch 1 closed and Switch 2 open, but this is more important for laser to start checking for reflection, and then to start to spin the disk)

Condition for the spindle motor to start spinning the disk: Switch 1 closed, Switch 2 open, laser detected the reflection of the disk.

To replace the clamping belts (2 of them), you HAD to remove the metal plate that holds Switch 1 and Switch 2. However, you did not have to remove Switch 3 and Switch 4 to replace the tray belts (2 of them).

When you press OPEN, Switch 1 opens, Switch 2 closes (this indicates now that the tray can start to open!), Switch 3 opens, and Switch 4 closes. Now, if the Switch 4 is not closed, close function can not start to execute.

When you press CLOSE, Switch 4 will open and Switch 3 will close (this now indicates that the clamping process can start to execute), Switch 2 will open and Switch 1 will close. Now, the laser can check for the presence of the disk, and if YES, the spindle motor will spin the disk.

I expect that you did not position the clamping pulley / wheel that engages Switch 1 and Switch 2 correctly, or you have bad slipping happening so that this wheel can not reach its end position and engage both switches.

Carefully check everything once again and make sure that you:

1. Replaced the belts with SHORTER ones of the same cross-section
2. Positioned Switch 1 and Switch 2 correctly so that they can be engaged.

Good luck,
Regards,
Boky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clamping.jpg (92.6 KB, 489 views)
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:51 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

....and the tray switches 3 and 4....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tray.jpg (90.4 KB, 468 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!