budget soundcard with 192 kHz digital I/O? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st June 2007, 12:16 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default budget soundcard with 192 kHz digital I/O?

For measurement purposes, I'd like to have a card with digital I/O at 192 kHz.

From my research, the ESI Juli@ is the only budget card that can do this (if you want to call 120 budget). Even more expensive cards such as the emu 1212m seem to stop at 96 kHz digital IO.

Now, the CMI oxygen chipset should be able to do 192 kHz digital I/O, but the cards I looked at (such as Club3D Theatron DTS) seem to stop at 96 kHz as well.

Does anybody have an idea about a cheaper solution than the Juli@?

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:48 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

According to the manual (which is little more than a sales brochure + skimpy installation guide), the bluegears b-inspirer supports 192 kHz optical IO. Other cards with apparently identical hardware only state 96 kHz. Can anybody confirm the 192 kHz operation?
Old 22nd June 2007, 01:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

What lead you to believe the E-MU can't do 192? According to the manual, it seems to indicate that it can, or at least, doesn't explicitly say it can't. Anyway, I just ordered one yesterday. I'll test this myself, and update the thread, when I get it.

whoops! - I just realized you were asking about digital I/O. It looks like ADAT can do 192, but S/PDIF is limited to 96. My bad.

Hide this!Advertise here!