How do I modify SONY CDP x777ES ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2007, 08:34 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to ANALOG GUY
Question How do I modify SONY CDP x777ES ?

There're many pelple suggest me to upgrade clock of CDP X777ES, but I don't know where's clock of it (45MHz) ?
I think TRICHORD RESEARCH is too expensive for me, Are there anybody ever mod this ?

Thanks
analog guy
Old 16th June 2007, 08:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: How do I modify SONY CDP x777ES ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ANALOG GUY
There're many pelple suggest me to upgrade clock of CDP X777ES, but I don't know where's clock of it (45MHz) ?
I think TRICHORD RESEARCH is too expensive for me, Are there anybody ever mod this ?

Thanks
analog guy

Goto audioasylum and do a search. There are many posts.

The stock 777ES clock is pretty good although the power supply to it is nothing to shout about. You don't want to stick a large lump of 45 MHz circuitry above the D/A board and the clock should be one of the last things to touch.

Get rid of the multiple grounds first, and the internal wiring to the outputs as well as the opamnps.

Many of the expensive clocks actually do not have good waveforms - they are just trying to get your money. You can so a serach for a very low phase noise XO such as Valpey and use it.

Hide this!Advertise here!