Teac VRDS-25 tray problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is a small possibility someone here may know if this problem is fixable.
The tray on my Vrds 25 started misbehaving.It closes normally then there is a small whirring noise that was not there before as if it is trying to lock but cannot and then the tray opens again on its own.No play is possible.
I have schematics of the player but tray mechanisms are beyond me.
I am very wary of having it serviced here in Brazil.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Checked rubber-belts? ( 8 )

Attachments

• belt1.jpg
    belt1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 467
Hi Cobra,
These plans could be very helpful.I only have some electronic schematics.Are these all you have on the transport?Are they for the vrds-25 ? I cannot see some parts like the tray itself and the clamper mechanism.
I hope I don't have to take apart everything - looks like 100 pieces there -phew!

I fixed a similar problem on my VRDS-25x just recently. The tray loading mechanism is covered by the "bridge" piece that holds the VRDS clamp. To remove it I did the following:

1. Remove all three parts of the top cover.
2. Remove the loading tray.
3. Remove the DAC pcb (on the left).
4. Remove all screws of the two top connecting pieces between front and back that divide the top cover in three parts.
5. Remove the ribbon cable just left from the right connecting piece.
6. Move the two connecting pieces 2-3 cm towards the outside in order to get access to the four screws that attach the bridge (holding the clamp) to the underlying drive mechanism.
7. Release the four srews and lift/move the VRDS clamp to get access to the tray loading mechanism.

Good luck!

Ok Mr.Katana man;) ,
Was your problem the same i.e. the tray would not stay closed etc.?
When you say you fixed it , what did you do apart from accessing the tray mechanism as you describe?Did you replace or adjust anything?
If you could reference this to the diagrams supplied by Cobra it would help.
Thanks

In my case the tray loader was very hard-steering and after a while didn't move at all. I figured out that wheel #9 was causing the problem because there was something like chewing gum or resin on the wheel and the spindle. After I cleaned everything and put some oil on the spindle the problem was gone.

If in your case the tray is also hard-steering the problem might be the same and the tray re-opens just because there is too much resistance. If you think the loader is running smoothly you have to look elsewhere.

protos said:
Ok Mr.Katana man;) ,
When you say you fixed it , what did you do apart from accessing the tray mechanism as you describe?Did you replace or adjust anything?
If you could reference this to the diagrams supplied by Cobra it would help.
Thanks
I had the exact same problems with my VRDS-20 a few years ago, check the schematics from Cobra2's post 4, replace Part #19(not a fun job), which is the belt for the lift and lubricate the shaft for part #18.
Also for the drawer replace the belt, part # 8 from the first schematic and your player should be as good as new.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.