DIY Dolby decoders (with optical and coax inputs)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
does any one here know where I could find the schematics for a 5.1 Dolby 5.1 decoder that accepts optical and coax inputs? I would like to build one for use in my home theater system since the amps are hand built. I'd like to keep with the style I'm working with. Thanks again. Please e-mail me if you have any ideas or questions.

The_doc_2@hotmail.com
ICQ 48744567

Good Luck

This was covered somewhere around a year ago, and the general consensus seemed to be that you'll find it difficult. Unless you've got a license from Dolby Labs, places won't sell you a dedicated chip to do the decode for you. If you're looking to code it yourself on a DSP, the format is given somewhere on the net. Look for stuff relating to HDTV and AC-3, and you should be able to find a document that explains everything you need to know. (I had a copy of it for a while, but I think I threw it out in a cleaning, deciding I wasn't really going to do anything with it)

Sorry for the bad news. (Maybe you'll get lucky and things have changed since then, and someone will have some better info)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.