Philips cd 104 Player not yet received...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am so sad that I still do not received my Philips cd 104 that I bidded from Ebay some time in Jan 2007. That seller is located in Lancashire, UK. I have reported the issue to Ebay but it seems helpless. This seller failed to produce any proof of posting the cd player to me.

Any advice or comment will be much appreciated.

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
wtf you talk froggie ?? (...)

I just filled (and WON) a complaint (for free). Also with an UK seller(?). I bet he was a fraud ( 100% sure) . Paypal turned the whole back, I got back all my money, but the process is slow. Just start to complain, not at ebay, but at paypal.

wckong said:
Hi all,

I am so sad that I still do not received my Philips cd 104 that I bidded from Ebay some time in Jan 2007. That seller is located in Lancashire, UK. I have reported the issue to Ebay but it seems helpless. This seller failed to produce any proof of posting the cd player to me.

Any advice or comment will be much appreciated.

When did you report the missing item to Ebay?
You only have a limited time to complain.

Did you pay with Paypal ?
Again, you have to complain within a certain time.

I have sold many items via Ebay to buyers all over the world.
I will only accept payment through Paypal and always provide proof of posting. I also take photos of the item prior to posting and when packed as I have had buyers who say the condition was not good or the packaging was inadequate.

Your other option is to warn other buyers through the feedback system.

good luck
Andy

Re: Post # 5

Hi All and Andy,

First of all, thanks for your nice responses to my issue.

As far as I am concerned, I suppose it was a fraud (90%).
That ebay seller (powerful seller) located in Lancashire, UK knows his cunning tricks very well. He said in his email to me that he would provide proof of posting/postage of the Philips cd 104 player on 14th April,2007, but a few days ago he claimed that he had thrown it away. (He only keeps them for 3 months).
He was good at kiling my time, and as a result I finally found myself lying on the street as a victim of the electronic trading community.:D
Since the specified time of lodgement of a claim to Paypal is over, it is unlikely I can get back part of the money.

I need further advice on the following issue:

Seller advised that I should lodge my claim to Royal Mail by sending a copy of Paypal payment receipt to them.

Re: Re: Post # 5

wckong said:
Hi All and Andy,

First of all, thanks for your nice responses to my issue.

As far as I am concerned, I suppose it was a fraud (90%).
That ebay seller (powerful seller) located in Lancashire, UK knows his cunning tricks very well. He said in his email to me that he would provide proof of posting/postage of the Philips cd 104 player on 14th April,2007, but a few days ago he claimed that he had thrown it away. (He only keeps them for 3 months).
He was good at kiling my time, and as a result I finally found myself lying on the street as a victim of the electronic trading community.:D
Since the specified time of lodgement of a claim to Paypal is over, it is unlikely I can get back part of the money.

I need further advice on the following issue:

Seller advised that I should lodge my claim to Royal Mail by sending a copy of Paypal payment receipt to them.

AS you say, he knows what to do !!!!!!

You cannot claim against Royal Mail without the proof of posting.

Andy

Invitation sent out to Seller

Hi All and Andy,

I would like to invite the seller cordially to this digital forum to let him say something for his own rights. Simply he is an experienced Ebay seller in UK, and I am much impressed by his suggestion that I should send a copy of Payal payment receipt to Royal Mail in order to claim back my loss for the missing Philips cd 104 player. (If he is not a member, he should register now.)

I would not do so, if I see any views that are contrary to mine.

Regards.
Kong

P.S. May be we could learn from him ...

Volunteer Wanted to draft...

Hi All,

I need a volunteer to help me to draft a courteous invitation to Mr. Seller (Mr.B) in order to invite him to write something on this thread about his philosophy in respect of how he handles issue lodged by his dissatisfied buyer( ebayI.D. bx3g000197) who paid but received nothing. He simply turned down my invitation by saying that he don't have the time to pay a visit to this forum (digital).

This is my last effort before the thread succumbed silently.
Is there anyone can help?

Best Regards.
Victim of Electriconic Trading Community, also
A blind man riding on a blind horse heading for a deep pool full of water in the mid-night.

Give him a negative feedback. After long argueing I did so in a similar case, and the seller eventually sent the item... Then I turned the feedback to positive and everybody is happy. Yes, there is a way to give feedback even after several months. If the item got lost at the post, he has all information and he should initiate a trace.

Re: Post#10

Hi Oshifis,

It is very nice of you to give me advice.
I find it very difficult to deal with this cunning seller known as Mr.B
who appeared (pretended) to be helpful at the very early stage, but after killing the specific time for claiming for the loss of item, he simply said that he had thrown away the certificate of posting. And he claimed that there is nothing he can do to help, then he told me to lodge a claim against Royal Mail by myself.
I really think this is a trick to kill my time again.
Please teach me how to give a negative feedback as the record of item in question can no longer be traced/retrieved from Ebay now.

:D You may contact me ( a blind man riding on a blind horse) at this address:
wckong1950@netvigator.com
if you like.

Best Regards

Dear wckong,
I'm very sorry to read this thread , I feel for you as :

1) I love my CD104 (see tweaking the 104 thread)

2) I am an ebay seller

3) I too am from the UK, and mostly we are pretty honest people

When I sold a PC and it got damaged in transit , I made the claim on behalf of the buyer and when the money finally came through from parcelforce, I forwarded it on. I think this seller has behaved very badly to throw away his proof of purchase before he had received either confirmation of delivery from you or feedback. You have graciously not posted his ebay identity, but I think you should.

The postage must have been quite high too (CD104 weighs 7.5Kg) from the UK to Hong Kong. If you do make a claim via Royal Mail/Parcelforce it can take a long time, but you have to keep going, and if they decline your claim you can appeal. I got my PC money only after appealing (they claimed the packaging was inadequate).

Good luck, I hope you get either a working 104 or your full refund

If the seller sells similar items regularly, he will count as a trader in law.
As such, British law requires him to ensure that the item is safely delivered to the purchaser (you).
Whether it was lost in the mail, never sent or whatever is of no consequence.
You can make a claim against him in the Small Claims Court, but simply filling in an application form and sending a copy to the defendant usually has the desired effect!

Re: Post #12

Hi all and jives11,

Thanks for your informative post #12 to this thread. You are a respectful seller of Ebay, although I never had a chance to bid an item from you. I am sure and cheered that you know the real meaning behind the following phrase:
I am "a blind man riding on a blind horse heading for a deep pool, full of water in mid-night .:D You know why I would like to speak out at this forum (digital), because simply it is a comfortable place where I can express myself and get advices from others.

I had purchased another cd 104 player successfully on 8th Jan. 2007 from another good seller located in Hampshire, UK. The following email sent to me, speaks for itself:
"The cheapest way to send the cd player to you is via courier, surface post is more expensive and takes 12 weeks. I have more acccurately measured the unit and it is 8 kilos, so the price is reduced to 65 UK pounds. If this is too expensive and you want to change your mind about the purchase just tell me and I am happily to resell the unit- no problem." This Philips cd 104 player really arrived safely about a week. A good seller indeed.
P.S. The Ebay Item #230072856224 refers.
Postage that I paid for the lost/missing item was more than 65 ...

Re: Post #13

Dear Mr.dnsey,

You are excellent. Sorry for my knowledge of english. Can't find a better 'adjective'. Your suggestion really matches what I exactly want to do to claim back my money.
But I don't known where to get an application form. Is it free of charge to do so? I did spent some money by asking the Square Trade to act as a mediator, but unfortunately, seller Mr.B used same old trick to kill my time. Finally, fee paid? (Yes), solution? (No).
What a painful experience! You know!
I do agree with your suggestion. The most powerful one! The most forceful one! It meets my target closely.

Best Regards.
Kong
(I'm not alone on my concern over the dealing with Seller , Mr. B)

I'm no expert but perhaps this offers a route :

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

I'm glad you have a CD104 - I hope it working fine but if not there are some good fixes here :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32591

I can also provide you with a copy of the service guide if you want. My email is jonathan DOT ives AT gmail DOT com so drop me a line if you want a copy (12Mb zipped !). You probably know that most common problems with these players are caused by the through-board links ("GRIPLETS") for which there is a good fix. This works also for the B&O CDX, Marantz CD-34 and Grundig CD7550 , which are all based on the same design. Some people believe the Grundig sounds best as the design has better internal shielding of the decoder boards. There are a number of CD7550 on ebay in Germany.

Re: Post #16 & 17

Hi jives11 and dnsey,

'Thanks!' ,said the blind man who was riding on a blind horse heading for the address of which his money could be claimed back. He cheered last night simply because there were two kind-hearted members of the great forum (digital) helped him found his way to the full moon.

:D Who was the blind man? You konw?

Best Regards.
Kong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.