remote controlling a cd player using a palm - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th May 2007, 03:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default remote controlling a cd player using a palm

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a rega planet 2000 cdp but, I didn't get the remote control. I have a PalmOne Zire 31 with an IR port. I have tried to use it as a remote control for the cdp but with no success.

Do you know I can use my palm to control my cdp? I have tried the NoviiRemote software.

By the way, this cdp sounds very well and I am willing to tweak it in a few months.

Cheers,
Ludovic
Old 2nd June 2007, 07:22 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default I found a way to do it!

As you might know, some universal remote use files with .ccf extention to remote appartus. This file contains a layout of the remote (containing the play button as an example) and the codes corresponding to the functions of the remote.

You can use .ccf file with a Palm Pilot. You must first install Omniremote software and convert the .ccf file needed to a compatible format for Omniremote.

I don't know if other software can handle or provide a convertion tool for .ccf files.

Ludovic

Hide this!Advertise here!