remote controlling a cd player using a palm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I have just bought a rega planet 2000 cdp but, I didn't get the remote control. I have a PalmOne Zire 31 with an IR port. I have tried to use it as a remote control for the cdp but with no success.

Do you know I can use my palm to control my cdp? I have tried the NoviiRemote software.

By the way, this cdp sounds very well and I am willing to tweak it in a few months.

Cheers,
Ludovic

I found a way to do it!

As you might know, some universal remote use files with .ccf extention to remote appartus. This file contains a layout of the remote (containing the play button as an example) and the codes corresponding to the functions of the remote.

You can use .ccf file with a Palm Pilot. You must first install Omniremote software and convert the .ccf file needed to a compatible format for Omniremote.

I don't know if other software can handle or provide a convertion tool for .ccf files.

Ludovic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.