Cambridge audio Dac 3 schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

The Dac is one of my designs, you need to replace the 8-Pin DIP 9637 - its located close to the input SPDIF's BNC's.

These are damaged when exposed to High Earth Leakage currents on the SPDIF inputs - never a problem when using BNC to BNC - but if you use BNC to RCA, then the center conductor of the RCA plug makes contact first - before the Ground - resulting in any Earth leakage current to flow via the center RCA pin to the input circuit.... With BNC connectors, you don't have this problem as Ground is always made first during connection, and broken last during disconnection.

John
What is a Dac 3 john.

John Westlake designernt of Cambridge Audio I bought a D / A converter in the 90s. Besides, also the TRAC 1 CD player Cambridge Audio. The DAC 3 is broken. Nothing works. The voltage diodes from the transformers are not on the board either. I can't do anything because I don't have a schematic. I searched all over the world for Stereonet, diyAudio, Australia in my Polish magazines in a service in Poland, who called Great Britan to the producer and nothing. They said they didn't, in my opinion, it's not possible for the manufacturer not to have a schematic of the hardware they were making. Maybe you have a schematic for TRAC 1.
If you had or knew where I can buy such schematics, you would save the equipment and money for which I would have to buy another one, but the Cambridge Audio DAC 3 is no longer in stores. Thank you very much if you sent me, I would be very grateful. Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.