Emerson MP3 portable CD-Player - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd January 2003, 06:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to immeraufdemhund Send a message via AIM to immeraufdemhund
Default Emerson MP3 portable CD-Player

I have an Emerson Mp3 player for my car. I never use it so i was thinking that i might be able to take apart one of my old cd-roms and switch out the lenses and the motors so that it could access my cd's a little bit quicker and i wanted to make that player a cd-deck for the house. I was going to dismantel the converter and make me a long cord to plug into the wall. run that into a box and make the old cd-rom into a mp-3 player for my house. So far i have both my CD-ROM apart and my mp3 player. in the end i would like to have my CD-ROM load my cd's and have the MP3 players board play my cd's. I was going to have RCA jacks in the back and a volume control in the front. Also i want to an extension chord in the back to plug in. That's my idea. Problem one is the cd laser has different bands. (hard to describe) the motors should be a big deal, i can hoook those up. Before i get too much further is it possible to get this working with a moderate amount of modifications? If you need more information (which i am poor at giving) feel free to ask. I think my cd-rom is a 40x Toshiba..i think...

Hide this!Advertise here!