Philips cd 460

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Excuse me for asking this really silly question.
I recently bought a working Philips cd 460/00R player and tried to tweak it in order to have it sound better. Unfortunately, my dream didn't come true. After the substitution of two OPA 2604 for the stock LM833 and a few 47uF sanyo os cons, the mains fuse (200ma) and the 6v2 zener diode (BZX 798 ?) on the rear pcb of display board "passed away". Despite replacement of the mains fuse and the 6v2 zener diode(1N4735A), the mains fuse still breaks when being powered on.

Unless the display board is not connected to dc supply, the mains fuse can be alive and well. I suppose this is a issue of short-circuit, but don't know where and how to start a relevant trouble-shooting. I have already replaced all caps and regulators for the PSU, but can't solve the problem. Any advice or a SM in pdf format is handy : leokong1950@yahoo.com.hk

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.