Sony Reference Discs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2007, 01:31 PM   #1
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Sony Reference Discs

Hi,

I am sure it is beginner's mistake, so please don't laugh.

I have a sony SACD (XB940), which ceased to play SACDs one day though CDs are still fine. So I thought the laser had drifted and got myself a new laser unit, but that was even worse (won't even play CDs).

Then I digged up the service manual. Apparently the servos of the laser unit have auto-tune. And once should do that with a Sony reference disc HLX-501 (or 503, 504, 505).

Without that on hand, I tried with an ordinary SACD just in the hope that it would also work. And of course wishful thinking.

The reference disc is next to impossible to get and cost a fortune. I wonder if anyone can help / advice.

(PS I already had a look at the other thread for the Sony CD reference disc, but the reference number for the SACD is different.)

Many thanks in advance,
Patrick

Hide this!Advertise here!