List of Mod-able CD Players

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that several players have been the rage among modders over the last few years. I have found info on the Toshiba SD-3950 (Vinnie and Swenson mods)/SD-3960 (pre-June 2004 only) and more recently the Playstations. Are there any other models that people have been tinkering with over the last few years or more recently. And, if possible, links to good info on performing the mods?

I was thinking of picking up the 3950 because it looks real easy to do the Vinnie and Swenson mods (no ICs to replace) and have to ask the question, is it still worth fooling with it or are newer models better than this out of the box?

I've modded a Marantz CD63 in the past, and there is an immense thread on modding these players. So there is a lot documented on those.
Having said that, quite a few players are easy to mod, and most mods are applicable to all.
I think half the battle is finding a schematic for a player you want to work on, as that will really help.

Cheers,
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.