a thought

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just posting to say hi and to ask if anyone has done any experimenting with digital cameras. I saw an ad for a 1.3Mpixel camera and was/am thinking about possibilty for putting the innards and marrying to an slr camera body.
I prefer slr because you can use your own lenses and do more creativity with it other than point and click. I also would like to be able to modify a digital and place the ccd prtion, with some control for use at the backend of a telescope

Ideas/comments suggestions?

Digital Camera Experiment

Hi riehman,
The pixel area is reather small so you get problems with the distance form lens rear to film/pixelchip.
Lenses for digital amera's generaly have smaller focuslength than for old fashioned SLR cameras.
A 4 x 4 cm pixel/digital camera adapter for the 6 x 6 cm Hasselblad costs a fortune (price of a middleclass car here in Europe).
Hope this helps. :eek:

Reihman,

To successfuly accomplish that, the CCD would need to be the size of a 35mm negative, that is to say 24x36 mm. The CCD from most digital camera's (at least the 1-2 Mpix ones) are only a few square mm's.

Several manufacture's make digital SLR bodies, which accept 35mm lenses. Canon, Nikon, Fuji & Kodak come to mind. Prices are still high (several thousands $$), but they are steadily falling.

The problem is that a large CCD is very expensive to manufacture.

is there anyway to prefocus to a small ccd imager?

guess i need to do some optics research..even if it isnt feasible $ its still a learning process..which is why i THINK people joined this forum.. to learn

which is why i was so surprised at the first response i received.

Digital SLR Camera

Hi riehman,
Still thinking about what you meant in your post. I just read the Dutch Camera Magazine 5-2002. It features the Canon EOS-1 Ds with a 35.8 x 23.8 mm sensor and a 50mm lens. It seems to have interchangeable lenses as it is pictured with a 50 mm lens and also with a 24 -70 mm zoomlens. I have no idea if older Canon lenses fit. BTW price of the Canon is here 10000 Euro....
Kodak makes the DCSPro14n also full small format covering pixelsensor.
With a suitable mounting ring it shouldn't be too dificult to attach the body to a telescope... Focussing is done through the viewer with the mirror in 45 degree position.
I hope this information is helpful. Photography is my other passion besides HiFi.:bigeyes:

Classic and digital cameras compatibility

Hello rlehman,

What you want is not exactly what manufacturers want. And they don’t want to sell you one cheap camera body/camera back/one chip or whatever you can think about when you’re looking for not expensive crossing to digital photography. The only real solution to go digital is to get whole digital system.

When it is about Canon, year and half ago they had EOS D30, 3.1 Mpix digital SLR camera which accepts classic Canon EF lenses (with 1.6x magnification factor) and EX speedlites. Cost was 3000$, now it is replaced by D60 (6 Mpix) and surely can be bought for much less money now. Nikon has something similar.

Pedja

rlehman said:
just posting to say hi and to ask if anyone has done any experimenting with digital cameras. I saw an ad for a 1.3Mpixel camera and was/am thinking about possibilty for putting the innards and marrying to an slr camera body.
I prefer slr because you can use your own lenses and do more creativity with it other than point and click. I also would like to be able to modify a digital and place the ccd prtion, with some control for use at the backend of a telescope

Ideas/comments suggestions?
I am in need of a low priced PC-compatible Digital Camera
I have USB-jacks, two on the front, Windows ME
Can think of spending 300-400 Euros(dollars).

Shloud I wait for prices going down,
or are there any good alternatives out there?

Must have reasonable, not top, picture quality.
Does not have to be too much zoom.

Halo - going to give you some pictures
of his sound-system & things
;) :c_flag: :checked: :house: :Pawprint: :Pawprint: :t_ache: :treasure: :2c: :deer: :troll: :RIP:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.