Philips CDM3 Repair?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any detailed troubleshooting tips on the Philips CDM3 CD unit..or is it available in a service manual? I've got one with some intermittant problems, mostly on the side of not working at all...but sometimes it surprises me and works for a few minutes.

Just curious what normally goes bad on these or what I should perhaps be looking at, since I saw some previous posts about them being 'repairable'...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Pete

It's actually hooked to a cd control board out of an 1991-1992 wurlitzer jukebox. It's an interesting combination of dated electronics across 3 circuit boards :). I see it reading the TOC ok, but when I go to play CDs or jump between tracks, it may play for 20 seconds before the audio 'breaks up' and just goes silent, or it may run for a couple minutes but flake out when i go to switch tracks, or, what it normally does - spin up but not want to play anything at all :)

Pete

OK

pete
luckly,i get a jukebox of wurlitzer using CDM4/53 Industrual laser.
and i have it's servo manual.
my CDP is using TDA8900 as its servo IC.very special.
if you can give me some more massage,maybe i can help.for i have spent lots of time on PHILIPS CDP.
so,i have to know what's its servo IC?
maybe you can take a photo for it.:)

i see now

i see your photo.and the problem maybe on the part of the laser.
under the laser,there must be another board using TDA5708 and TDA5709.they are the SERVO IC.very usual.
if the CDP can play for little time,i will have a check the capacitances of that board.and also the other board.

your jukebox is a little older than mine.it may be made in 1989.
my jukebox is CDM4I made in 1991.:)

yeah

jusk like i though,the little PCB is the same as KRELL MD1.
i have the Schematic of the board. if you want,leave you email or if you have MSN?
i think,the IC-TCA0372 may be broken.you can have a try to take place it.
if you have no TCA0372,you can use L272 instead.

good luck.:)

yeah

jusk like i though,the little PCB is the same as KRELL MD1.
i have the Schematic of the board. if you want,leave you email or if you have MSN?
i think,the IC-TCA0372 may be broken.you can have a try to take place it.
if you have no TCA0372,you can use L272 instead.

good luck.:)

Would you please share the schematics of the servo board to me?

Best regards
Albert