Sony dat REPAIR INFO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
superdave058 said:
just got a sony pcm-r300 dat, i was needing to known if anyone has a manual, or knows where i can find one , it does not seem to work not sure if i am doing it right....i put in a tape press record it starts displays idwrite and then stops... any ideas?

check continuity of two (usually) black wires on erase head...on top of mech

Did more checking on the unit removed the cover so i could see the unit better and now I think its a bad belt, weak motor or something , cause if you try to FF or REW it will jerk a little and will turn real slow and then stop or sometimes after you hit the FF key several times it will start slow and speed up like it probably should. the belt seems tight however.
if you just press play it will act pretty much the same way will try to turn and then quit after a few seconds.

any ideas besides using as a door stop.
thanks

superdave058 said:
Did more checking on the unit removed the cover so i could see the unit better and now I think its a bad belt, weak motor or something , cause if you try to FF or REW it will jerk a little and will turn real slow and then stop or sometimes after you hit the FF key several times it will start slow and speed up like it probably should. the belt seems tight however.
if you just press play it will act pretty much the same way will try to turn and then quit after a few seconds.

any ideas besides using as a door stop.
thanks

I concur with the weak motor....I have the same fault with my Sony DAT deck, as it will play for a few seconds and then stop. If you watch the tape spools you'll see the take-up spool stopping momentarily after which, the optical sensor picks up that there is a fault & drop out of play mode to stop tape spillage into the mechanism.

I never did get round to replacing the motor (!)

Best,
-Andy-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.