Teac P10 Transport, what laser?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone tell me what laser the Teac P10 uses, I've searched everywhere with no luck.
Also if you know what are the differences between the P10 and the P700, I know the P700 has the nice but expensive Kss151A laser but that the only thing I know.
Do they us the same transport mech?
As they go for around the same price s/h and I have the option of maybe getting one or the other .

Cheers George

Teac P10 laser

Hi Kingcong
I purchased my laser from up in your area.
the website is www.alltronic.com.sg
The part number you need to enter is 884806401.
I can,t remember the price I'm afraid but I remember being nicely
surprised.
I think it is also vailable from
www.chsinteractive.co.uk but not the original.It's also more expensive from there.
Singapore is your best bet.
I'm interested to hear how you get on.
regards
radar

Teac P10 laser.

Hi all,
The price at Justone is more expensive than Singapore I think.
Worth checking now.

The P10 I have has been "got at" by one of it's owners.
The main PCB is a write-off. two of the big flatpacks have been
changed by someone without the proper de-soldering gear and
many of the little tracks are now non-existant.
It's mechanically fine.
Does anyone know of one not working with a good main PCB.
that the owner may like to sell.
I got it cheap of course and would like to get it going as it's a great transport.

Oshifis, that German site is a real treasure trove, if they actually have everything they show in stock, it should be saved by everybody!
A silly off-topic question: for some reason I equate laser with Diamand (carts.) Is there any reason to imagine dif. lasers have better sound? like glass lens vs. plastic? reading better?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.