New Zhaolu D3 DAC with TG-Link for PC Hi-Fi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys just found this thread - I too am looking for further info on the tg-link - any users yet or further info?

I'm interested in using it to get I2S out of PC & feed it directly into Panasonic SA-XR57 (internally)

Here's what I could find - looks like it's only for OEMs:

Translated from here http://www.sndscape.com/AccessoriesPage.asp?AccessoriesNameID=10#
TG-Link to I2S (Standard) Reference price: RMB ¥ 00

The digital audio frequency contact surface transformation mold is quick, transforms the TG-Link connection signal may directly link receives DAC, ADC or the Codec I2S audio frequency data and the I2C/SPI control connection installment, supports the digital audio frequency the input /, most greatly supports 24bit/192KHz, may directly install this module on the user board. This mold quickly is suitable for the SndScape series all sounds card. This mold quickly may help the customer fast development or the volume production TG-Link connection application product, also may use this mold quickly to promote the original audio equipment.

# Audio frequency sampling: Most greatly supports 24bit/192KHz
# Audio frequency form: I2S pattern
# Audio frequency channel: Two groups inputs/two groups outputs
# Tonic train signalling: LVCMOS3.3
# Control form: I2C/SPI
# Control speed: 60Kbit/S
# Control signal: Hanging (5V tolerance)
# Power source: POT (Power On TG-Link) takes the electricity (to be possible to choose exterior power supply)
# Preserve temperature: -20~+80°C
# Operating temperature: -20~+80°C
# Habitat: Shanghai

This mold quickly only aims at the OEM customer, not alone retails, any individual or organization if because studies, the research or develops the SndScape series periphery connection product use but to need the sample and the material, may write a lettermodule@sndscape.comto carry on the free application or the relation purchase.

Attachments

• odeum.jpg
    odeum.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 580
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nope, as far as I can tell from a quick read of the specs the 2707 has a maximum supported sample rate of 48kHz and is a 16 bit part.
I2S output is apparently limited to 16bits.. I could have missed something, the specification document leaves a little bit to be desired in some areas. (Citing obscure IEC documents not readily available for example instead of providing the spec.)

Here are the TI specs: http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pcm2707.pdf

Windows supports this chip natively - no custom driver is required, better audio performance is possible over usb 1.1 with other devices and custom drivers. (Like the M-Audio Transit for example)

Hi Kavin,

I think you are right. 2707 is 16/48 max. and i think it prefers 44.1 for most of the time according to my digital reciever's mode display.

I2S of 2707 is also 16/48 max. but I2S standard nowaday climb up as high as 24/192 but I doubt that it is oversampled from 16/44.1 in normal cd format.

b-square said:
The 16/48 limit is in USB 1.1, not in the PCM2707 (or its siblings). As there is no audio profile for USB 2.0, don't hold your breath for anything faster without dedicated device drivers (as in the Firewire world, which you can buy right now).

i had once an external M-audio transit soundcard that was only usb 1.0 compatible BUT it was capable of 24bit/96khz but not in full duplex mode...this means you could have listened to some 24/96 material using it's dac ,or convert to digital some analog content using it's 24/96 ADC specification but not simultaneously,so that means USB 1.0 specification can handle 24/96 data flow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.