Wadia 21 schematic wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kevinkr said:
I would contact Wadia directly ....... My understanding is that they are not the easiest/most cooperative to deal with.

.....not the easiest/most co-operative to deal with ??? They're bloody Useless !!!

They'll tell you to contact the Importer of your country, and then when you finally get to hear from the importer, they later just forget about you !

I'm left with a dead 850 :bawling: - what good is High-end gear when it has low-end backup service ?!?!? :headbash:

Alfetta87 said:
Need to repair my Wadia 21, does somebody have a schematic or service manual?

- dan

NjoyTHEMUSIC said:

.....not the easiest/most co-operative to deal with ??? They're bloody Useless !!!

They'll tell you to contact the Importer of your country, and then when you finally get to hear from the importer, they later just forget about you !

I'm left with a dead 850 :bawling: - what good is High-end gear when it has low-end backup service ?!?!? :headbash:

kevinkr said:
Sadly this seems to be the fate of a lot of high end digital electronics,
I had a PS Audio Lambda drive where the laser wore out. Even with a replacement, some minimal schematics and an extensive engineering background I was unable to get it working again.

Hi guys,

Perhaps a bit to late but, if you still have them, I'm willing to help you guys with it. I've manage to get a broken 21 working while the importer said it wasn't worth fixing it anymore; costs ( approx € 300,= ) So let me know if you still have them. I know the TEAC VRDS well so why not try to get these Wadia's back to work!?

All the best.

Audiofanatic ;)

Wadia 21

Hi Tibi,

Unfortunately, I don't have the schematic, I just know the Wadia 21 very well and like the machine. It's a Wadia 20 with a DAC onboard.

I've fixed one a few years ago, (for a friend of mine) and was quite impressed about the results after modifying the beast!

Most important thing is the PSU and the transport. Use Panasonic FC and or FM and you'll be a happy DIYAudio member!

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

tvicol said:
Hi Audiofanatic !

I'm going to use Sanyo OSCON and Rubycon ZA for digital section and Black-Gate NX for analog. :D

Brgds,
Tibi

Hi,

Be aware, BG is good but not always the best choice (sound wise).
I urge you to think about this, if you want a player that sings rather than one that's relentless, than use pana's and forget about the BG's.
Oscon's are OK, so are Rubycon's.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.