Linking two DCX2496 Ultradrives

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure if this should go here or in digi, mods please move it if required.

Has anyone managed to link 2 or more Ultradrives together via the RS485 link? I've followed their instructions to the letter and get nothing.

RS232 from my PC to the first ultradrive and I can communicate with it fine.

Set the first one to ID #1 and PC->Link.

Got a length of CAT5, which I know works as I've tested it, going between Link A on the first unit and Link B on the second.

Second unit is set to ID #2 and RS485.

The term buttons are both ON.

Still I only see 1 unit on the remote software. :confused:

Tried putting the RS232 to the second unit and then I can see that but not the first. (obviously set unit 2 to PC->Link)

Tried link A to A, A to B, B to A and B to B with no joy. Term on, term off....

ARGH!! :smash: :bawling:

Not sure I want to resort to Behringer tech support, my last dealings with them were not very helpful.

Is there any solution?

HI !

My pal have the same problem:

The DCX-Remote program see only one equipment of the two's.

Today I updated the older one's firmware from v1.15 to 1.16 and now
they have the same version number.

The full specification is here:

Fujitsu-Siemens notebook with no native RS-232 port

- Windows XP Home Edition installed with Service Pack 1

- a USB to RS-232 adapter used (I think ATEN is the mark of it)

- the first DCX2496 is wired with RS-232 cable with the computer

- the second one is wired with the first with simple UTP CAT5 patch cable (about 50cm long) (means RS-485 in the manual)

- on both of them the term swithes are turned ON

- They communicate on the virtual COM4 port

- The remote program found only the first DCX2496 after the searching

- I think every variations were tryed A-A A-B and so one

So please help how can we reach the second one from the computer

and use it.

Thax!

Linking DCX2496 units via RS485

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but here is my fix.

If you are having problems linking DCX2496's using the RS485 method, I have found my problem!

You must use a full serial cable when connecting to the first DCX. I have been using 2,3, and 5 only for the longest time. But I have only used one DCX. Now I have four. For some reason, the standard 3 wire serial cable will NOT WORK! You need to use the full serial cable in order to communicate with all the DCX's in the chain. Not sure why??? Must have something to do with CTS>RTS...????
Good luck!

Ken
IndianaSound.com

DCX 2496 link doesn't work

So unless I've missed something, you need to use the network link port to daisy chain two units so they share the same signal. I don't care that I can't get both to communicate with my pc, I can manually set #2, but nothing I've tried gets them to communicate, different network cables etc. Do they require a special network cable to share a signal? I don't see any other way to get the same signal to both units.

Yeah. The "network" port isnt really a network port. It is however, an RS-485 port. You need to use a cable to connect the ports together. Be sure to name your boxes different. Then, connect your RS-232 device to the other port on the first unit. Be sure to terminate the last box in the chain. Use a FULL serial cable. The simple 3 wire will not work. Must use the 5 wire serial to make it function. Mine works great. Will wait for your reply to see what happens..
Good Luck, Ken.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.