Music server with TDA1541 (I2S direct)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had forgotten about this thread.
I now uses a newer tvix and spdif (due to convenience) and pcm1702 with D1 i/v dac. I do also have a deq2496 with I2S to a tda1543 dac.
Anyways, to find the I2S signal, I always look at the dac 1st, check the datasheet, if it only takes I2S input, then you are done. Else check the input mode if it is hardwired.
Tap the input pins to the dac once u have confirm I2S.

I am also surprise not more posts on media player as servers. I now have over 400gb of music, but like Erin said, no gapless playback, but I don't mind and prefer this over streaming with a noisy computer. And you can actually tweak the inside too, like I change the SPDIF output to BNC. Also, I took the harddisk outside the box as I believe the vibration from the HDD is not good. A 2.5inch HDD have less vibration and takes less current.
You can also change the crystal inside to a better clock too, which I have not done yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.