Any word on DCX2496 availability?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You lucky b+++++d! (C) Monty Python

I wish I had been waiting 6 months! Mine was bought late August 2005, went wrong early September, went back to Behringer for repair, couldn't be repaired so was credited for it, been wating for a replacement ever since! Phew!
I wish my customers were as easy going as I have to be! Getting upset won't do any good if there are none available!
Just gotta wait.
And wait.
And wait....
One day my dipoles may get finished, or I may make my AE1s active, or, or, or...
You get the picture.

Finally!!! yea!

Any idea if there have been any changes or updates? I've got two of them, and am looking to play with more.

(Shin: I said , IMHO, not ready for 'highest end' primetime, but I never said it's not worth looking at or experimenting with. May as well be fully knowledgable when it finally arrives. Be there, or be square. Next purchase : DEQX)

And outside of the DEQX, to my general recollection, the only unit that does 24/96 I/O for analog, is the DCX2496.. I think. Unless you want to pay exorborant amounts of $$$. I spnet weeks finding that out and tracking down distributors, manufacturers, etc, asking direct questions, etc. Most hardware out there won't support the data rates.

I've been waiting for them to get back out there, for over a year now, at least.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
KBK said:
Finally!!! yea!

I bought a DCX and then flogged it on after 2 weeks. Nice stuff for the price but I found it lacking and unsuitable for long term satisfaction.

I did use the PC with assorted Waves plugins to achieve filtering and DRC but swapped out to a DEQX a few months back, mainly due to compatibility issues with the PC. I have to say that the DEQX is a very nice bit of kit, sounds fantastic and really does allow you to tweak the last drop out of your speakers with a fairly comprehensive set of measurement facilities, my speakers measure almost as well as some amps in the time and frequency domain and thats in room. Square wave looks particularly impressive considering its comming from a multiway speaker.

Overkill Audio in the UK are doing a heavily modded DEQX with I2S transport, outboard and high end DAC's and a completely redone PSU.

courage said:
Sorry to barge in, but in what configuration can the Behringer DEQ2496 be used as and active crossover in a two-way system?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The deq2496 is a digital EQ, the dcx2496 is an active crossover piece.
If you're wondering about how to set up a 2 way system, any output on the dcx can do bandpass from 20hz - 20khz. ;)

I want another dcx too. Thinking of going active 4 way. :D

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
KBK said:
false alarm. I went looking for DCX 2496's. I could not find any.

If they are in stock, either in Europe or North America, they would be very easy to find. No such beast. I could be wrong on this, but I doubt it.

LOL

I've just taken a quick look at a few pro dealers here in the UK, all had confirmed stock showing on their websites and now nothing. No doubt some folks got wind of this and either panic bought or overseas customers paid the extra for shipping, since I've noticed them in stock for around a month now. Delivery estimates are August although they don't state if that's 06 or 07 :rofl:

DCX vs. DEQ

ShinOBIWAN said:

I bought a DCX and then flogged it on after 2 weeks. Nice stuff for the price but I found it lacking and unsuitable for long term satisfaction.

Shin...

What did you find lacking re: the DCX... for xover work.

I'm looking at changing to active xover / and/or DEQ if apprpriate for my RD75 dipoles.. but from your posts I think the DCX may be unnecessary but the DEQ might help more with room modes / etc.

thanx

auplater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.